Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are so easy and the perfect snack to serve at your next party!
Y'all. The Super Bowl is coming!
I know I sound excited and like I'm super into sports but, unfortunately, I am not. It's a shame really, I had to use Google to find out the actual date of the Super Bowl and who is playing...
In case you're just like me and have absolutely no idea what is going on in the world of sports, right now, here's everything you need to know about the big game:
- Teams: Philadelphia Eagles v. New England Patriots
- Where: Minneapolis, MN
- Time: 6:30pm
Ok, I think that is sufficient information to get us through the weekend.
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk about something way more important (in my opinion) than the actual Super Bowl game - the Super Bowl party FOOD.
One thing that's super fun about this time of year is all of the talk about party food. I mean who doesn't love nachos, wings, guacamole, salsa, and chips and dip?!
If you try to keep things healthy most of the time, you probably don't find yourself eating chips and queso on a super regular basis, so parties are a fun time to enjoy some of your favorite snack foods.
As fun as it is to splurge on some of your favorite foods that may not be the healthiest, it's also nice to have some healthier options available at parties as well.
You may be finishing up a Whole30 or some sort of healthy eating challenge and the idea of diving face first into a crockpot of chili cheese dip just doesn't sound so appetizing anymore. I'm with you.
That's why I'm sharing the recipe for these delicious Buffalo Chicken Meatballs!
These little meatballs are so easy to make. You literally just season ground chicken, roll your meatballs, fry them up, and then put them in your sauce. Done.
These meatballs can also be made Whole30 compliant and dairy-free if you use a Whole30 approved and dairy free Buffalo sauce. Oh, and they pair perfectly with my dairy-free ranch dressing.
P.S. Don't love Buffalo sauce? Omit the buffalo sauce all together and dip these babies in your favorite sauce!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 tbsp oil for frying (avocado, coconut, or ghee will work best)
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (this version is Whole30 compliant)
- Combine the ground chicken with salt + pepper and all of the spices. Roll the chicken into small meatballs (I used a small cookie scoop for this).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil, and then add half the meatballs to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown on all sides. Repeat with the remaining meatballs, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- When all of the meatballs have been cooked through and removed from the skillet, lower the heat to medium low. Add 1 tsp of ghee or butter and the buffalo sauce to the skillet and let cook for 1 minute. Add the meatballs back into the pan and toss to coat them in the sauce.
- Serve with ranch and enjoy!