Whole30 Roasted Potato Wedges with Chipotle-Lime Aioli
These easy Roasted Potato Wedges with Chipotle-Lime Aioli are a game changer for your Whole30, next game-day party, or just a weeknight dinner. They're packed full of flavor and crispy on the outside without any frying and the easy chipotle-lime aioli is the perfect dipping sauce!
You may never want french fries again after making and eating these potato wedges. Ok, that statement is bold and probably a little inaccurate (let's not underestimate a good french fry), but you might crave them just a bit less after you give these roasted potato wedges a try.
A few things you need know about these wedges:
- They are easy. The hardest part is cutting the potato.
- Crispy on the outside, pillowy potato softness on the inside. Need I say more?
- Once again...crispy. I think this deserves to be said twice.
- They're not fried. Yet they're still so crispy. Did I mention how crispy they are?!
- You can toss them in a mixture of sea salt and garlic powder at the end or get fancy with your favorite herbs and seasonings. We're partial to Trader Joe's Onion Salt around here.
So, if the potato wedges weren't enough to make you run out and buy a pound of russet potatoes on their own, maybe the promise of a dipping sauce will stir up some emotion. Sauces and dips make everything better, in my personal opinion and there's no exception here.
When you pair these hot potato wedges with a creamy chipotle-lime aioli, something magical happens. Also a bold claim, but I'm standing by it.
While you're waiting for your wedges to become golden brown and delicious, you can whip up this quick aioli and then have the perfect little sauce for dipping. Is there anything better?
P.S. you can also use the chipotle-lime aioli on chicken, salmon, veggies, etc.
I mean look at the dip! Creaminess meets crispy-ness in action and it's just so good.
The best part of it all is that these potatoes wedges are naturally gluten-free and the entire recipe is also Whole30 compliant, Paleo, and dairy-free.
Potatoes are also a great source of starchy carbs when prepared the proper way (i.e. when not fried in a deep fryer) and can help fuel you up for your next tough workout. Now go, buy yourself some potatoes, and make this recipe!
Roasted Potato Wedges with Chipotle-Lime Aioli
For the Potato Wedges:
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp of sea salt or Trader Joes Onion Salt (plus more to taste)
For the Aioli:
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, slice the potatoes into wedges. Try to cut the potatoes so that they are an equal thickness so that they cook evenly.
- Toss the potatoes in the avocado oil until well coated and then place them on a greased baking sheet. Bake the potatoes 15-20 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- While the potatoes are baking, add the aioli ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When the potatoes are finished baking, remove them from the sheet pan and place them in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the sea salt and garlic powder over them and toss until well coated. Enjoy the potatoes with the aioli!