This classic granola recipe is the perfect topping for your yogurt or smoothie bowls. It's a simple combination of classic flavors that go with just about anything and it's completely customizable.
Let's talk about breakfast. Out of all the meals in the day, I think breakfast can be one of the most challenging. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut and end up eating the same thing over and over, and if you don't plan well you may get caught eating nothing at all. That's why I love quick options like yogurt, granola, and fresh berries. It's honestly one of my favorite combinations. There's something just so perfect about the sweetness of the berries, tartness of the yogurt, and crisp, crunch of the granola. Perfect.
There are tons of different varieties of granola in the stores these days. Fun combinations of fruits and nuts, grain-free versions, low sugar, and even more dessert like versions with chocolate chips. There's one thing these all have in common - you can make them at home. Yep, granola is one of the easiest things to make in your own kitchen. It's completely customizable which means you can get creative plus, when you do it yourself, it's cheap.
Get creative and add extra nuts, seeds, spices, and even dried fruit after it's finished cooking. My favorite way to eat this as of late is with Forager Vanilla Bean Cashewgurt (so good!) and fresh berries. If you make this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments below. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Want More? Check out My Favorite All the Healthy Things Breakfast Recipes
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour the granola onto a sheet pan and spread into a single layer. Bake for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally with a spatula until the entire mixture is a nice, even, golden brown.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely. Store the cooled granola in an airtight container.