Five Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, omega-3 healthy fats, and a great addition to your healthy diet. This Vanilla Chia Pudding only has five ingredients and takes just five minutes to prep! You can make a batch on Sunday for quick + healthy breakfasts or snacks throughout the week!
Ok, top 3 things you need to know about chia seeds:
- They're high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are the healthy fats that you need to be eating,
- They're a great source of fiber (over 10 grams in one ounce!)
- They can turn into delicious chia pudding, which may or may not be the most important thing on this list.
If you've been looking for a quick and healthy breakfast for those busy mornings where you're running out the door like a chicken with its head cut off (is that just a Southern saying?), this Vanilla Chia Pudding is what you need in your life.
It'll take you a grand total of five minutes to combine all five of the ingredients, give it a stir, and put the chia pudding in the fridge overnight. The next morning, all you have to do is top your pudding with fresh berries and your favorite granola, grab a spoon, and breakfast is done!
If you're trying to avoid dairy, but miss the traditional yogurt, berries, and granola combination, then this chia pudding is a great option to get those flavors while still keeping things dairy free. The recipe calls for a combo of light canned coconut milk and almond milk to keep things nice and creamy while still remaining dairy-free and delicious!
Five-Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup light canned coconut milk (I love this kind)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (this is my favorite)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey (depending on how sweet you like things)
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- Whisk together all of the ingredients except the chia seeds
- Add the chia seeds and whisk again until well combined.
- Pour the mix into a storage container (I love using these canning jars) and place it in the refrigerator. After a few minutes, give it another stir to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Leave the chia pudding in the fridge overnight. In the morning give it a good stir and then top it with berries, your favorite granola, and even a little nut butter if that's your thing. Enjoy!